Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˌzəʊ.ə.ˈnɒ.tɪk/, /ˌzuː.ə.ˈnɒ.tɪk/, /ˌzuː.ˈnɒ.tɪk/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˌzoʊ.ə.ˈnɑ.tɪk/, /ˌzu.ə.ˈnɑ.tɪk/, /ˌzu.ˈnɑ.tɪk/
- (General New Zealand) IPA(key): /ˌzɐʉ.ɘ.ˈnɔ.tɘk/, /ˌzʉ.ɘ.ˈnɔ.tɘk/, /ˌzʉ.ˈnɔ.tɘk/
zoonotic (not comparable)
- Of or relating to zoonosis.
- 2013 May-June, Katie L. Burke, “In the News”, in American Scientist, volume 101, number 3, page 193:
- Bats host many high-profile viruses that can infect humans, including severe acute respiratory syndrome and Ebola. A recent study explored the ecological variables that may contribute to bats’ propensity to harbor such zoonotic diseases by comparing them with another order of common reservoir hosts: rodents.
relating to zoonosis
zoonotic (plural zoonotics)
- Synonym of