Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
(Redirected from γέ)
See also: Appendix:Variations of "ge"
- (5th BC Attic): IPA: /ɡe/
- (1st BC Egyptian): IPA: /ɣɛ/
- (4th AD Koine): IPA: /ɣe/
- (10th AD Byzantine): IPA: /ʝe/
- (15th AD Constantinopolitan): IPA: /ʝe/
- Limiting particle: at least, at any rate
- Intensifying particle. This is difficult to translate into English, except perhaps with italics or an exclamation mark !.
Γε generally follows the word it affects, but may follow the word's definite article, or an attached preposition. It may also attach to other particles, with a mild intensifying effect.