Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
당신 (dangsin, McCune-Reischauer: tangshin) (hanja 當身)
- second person singular plain (non-polite) pronoun; you
- The second person singular pronouns are rarely used in public Korean. Using 당신 (dangsin) to a stranger is usually considered insulting; it is more commonly used between mature married couples. Instead, the person's title is often used, or 선생님 (seonsaengnim, “(respectable) teacher”) if the person's title is unknown, for strangers or superiors:
- 선생님, 안녕하세요?
- seonsaengnim, annyeonghaseyo?
- “How are you, sir?” (literally, “Teacher, are (you) at peace?”)
For friends, it is more common to use the person's name.
- 너 (neo)
- 당신들 (dangsindeul, “you (plural)”)