Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- γεια (geia, “hi, bye”)
- γεια σας (geia sas, “hello, goodbye”)‡
- γεια σου (geia sou, “hello, goodbye”)†
- καλημέρα (kaliméra, “good morning”)
- καλησπέρα (kalispéra, “good evening”)
- καλό βράδυ (kaló vrády, “good evening”)
- χαίρω πολύ (chaíro polý, “pleased to meet you”)
- † The singular form is familiar and informal, used with family, friends, children and younger people.
- ‡ The plural is formal and polite, it is used with strangers and to give respect.