Citations:Clifford the Big Red Dog
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
English citations of Clifford the Big Red Dog
Proper noun: a work of fiction
a series of books
- 2005 February 14, karlisa <email@example.com>, "Re: Happy Valentines Day", message-ID <E7dQd.70095$K72.firstname.lastname@example.org>, alt.infertility.parenting, Usenet :
- It was a stuffed red plush dog that we saw in Target and it looked a great deal like Clifford. We gave it to him and said, "look Mick, Clifford!" He just grinned and grinned. We have to read Clifford the Big Red Dog to him over and over.
derivatives of the series of books
- 2003 April 9, The LoNeLyGirL <email@example.com>, "Re: What's the Point?", message-ID <b72dvv$abvkh$1@ID-116738.news.dfncis.de>, alt.suicide.holiday, Usenet :
- Yes embarrassing. I sometimes watch PBS kids shows. I especially like Clifford the Big Red Dog and Sagwa the Siamese Chinese Cat lol. I even bought Clifford on tape and on DVD....these shows make me smile because they are cute and light. Not too many things make me smile anymore.
Proper noun: the fictional dog
- 1999 July 13, Mary Healey <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Re: Praise for Hawthorne, CA Police", message-ID <378B67C6.A3D78A29@iastate.edu>, rec.pets.dogs.breeds, Usenet :
- I'd bet a month's salary on several things. First, that 90% of the people willing to approach ANY of the dogs will approach Jack, because he's fluffy and cute and looks like Clifford the Big Red Dog. And that 100% of the people approaching Jack will get bit, because he's the single most unstable dog I've ever met.
- 2002 February 13, D.Putnam <Rendus@home.com>, "Re: Question:", message-ID <%Dya8.email@example.com>, rec.arts.books.tolkien, Usenet :
- What kind of dog is Huan anyway?? Is he wolf-like...German Shepard-esq? Or is he like Clifford the Big Red Dog? Which is sadly the way I always pictured him.
- 2003 May 2, Mary Healey <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Re: Liddle dogs and stinker kids", message-ID <3EB2789F.71CFD1DD@iastate.edu>, rec.pets.dogs.behavior, Usenet :
- No, there was no petting. Jack looks like Clifford the Big Red Dog, only fuzzier, and everybody knows cute, fuzzy dogs just adore being smothered with pets and kisses. Not. The sad part is that the rough, tough, scary-looking cowdogs adore kids, don't mind getting affection from strangers, yet everybody wants to pet the fuzzy dog who can't handle it.