Commonly used, but hard to find citations for Australian uses amongst the other uses. so poor citations so far. But will improve.
- [TV series in colour?], par with some of the other really crook colorisation efforts I've seen
- How to Argue with an Economist: Reopening Political Debate in Australia By Lindy Edwards
- The result is that rural voters feel like things are crook and use the gerrymander to take it out on whoever is in power.
- Seize the future: How Australia Can Prosper in the New Century By Alan Oxley - 2000
- Australians, however, had been in no mood to see it. The mindset was that things were still crook. Whenever the economy discussed .... unemployment was still high.
- Saturn Over the Water: An Account of His Adventures in London, New York, South America and Australia - by John Boynton Priestley - 1961
- ... Australia The map showed a branch railway line not a long way off, ... where no bleeding crook beer was rotting the guts of the poor bastards who knew ...
- Fighting the Enemy: Australian Soldiers and Their Adversaries in World War II - by Mark Johnston - 2000
- One of the boys was going crook at a hun prisoner,
- Weevils in the Flour: An Oral Record of the 1930s Depression in Australia By Wendy J. Lowenstein - 1989
- But the local farmers started to go crook about me having so much work and their sons couldn't get a job....
A common term in Australia, crook is either an alteration of archaic slang 'cronk' (from German and ...
Citations for other uses of crook not yet listed.
A Concise History of Australia - Page 124 by Stuart Macintyre - 2004 - 356 pages ... and the response defiant: And now that we have made the land A garden full of promise, Old greed must crook his dirty hand