Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
English citations of pegasister
Noun: "(slang) a female fan of the animated television series My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic"
|ME «||15th c.||16th c.||17th c.||18th c.||19th c.||20th c.||21st c.|
- 2011, Christina Belisle, My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic review, Reporter, 30 September 2011, page 9:
- "Bronies" and "pegasisters," as some fans are called, point to the quality of animation and humor as what makes the series enjoyable.
- 2011, Vauhni Vara & Ann Zimmerman, "Hey, Bro, That's My Little Pony! Guys' Interest Mounts in Girly TV Show", The Wall Street Journal, 5 November 2011:
- The group included four "Pegasisters," as the small minority of female bronies sometimes call themselves in this male-dominated world.
- 2012, Reed Tucker, "Horsing around!", New York Post, 11 January 2012:
- “I’d say 80 percent of my friends are into it,” says the “pegasister,” slang for a female fan. “My dorm loves it. We get together to watch the shows, and we eat and laugh.”
- 2012, Karen Aney, "Friendship is Magic: Wave of bronies exert consumer influence over My Little Pony", The Cascade (University of the Fraser Valley), 25 January 2012, page 24:
- Together with their female counterparts, Pegasisters, they have fan sites, conferences (BronyCon), and an incredibly persistent meme that permeates popular websites such as 4Chan and Reddit.
- 2012, Justin Martin, "Brony Club: A Testament to the Magic of Friendship", The Redline (Killingly High School), Volume 14, Issue 2, November/December 2012, page 5:
- “You can be a 'Pegasister,' too, it doesn't really matter, it's just for anyone who likes that show,” he elaborates.