Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
English citations of posilutely, posolutely, and posalutely
- 1917 November, Fitzhugh Green, “Amusing Fifty Thousand Men: Another Avenue for Government Control”, United States Naval Institute Proceedings, volume 43, number 11, page 2538:
- It may be tiresome, but calculate this celluloid Klondike: Any old reels will do, comedies, tragedies, weekly reviews (dating back to the fall of Sumter)—“posalutely absatively” anything will do!
- 1922 June, Percy K. Fitzhugh, “Roy Blakely's Bee-Line Hike”, Boys' Life, volume 12, number 6, ISSN 0006-8608, page 19:
- “Anyway, we're not trespassing now,” Hunt put in. “Posilutely not,” I said.
- 1977, Paul Mitchell, William Bell, “I Absotively, Posolutely Love You” (song), William Bell, in Comin' Back for More (album):
- I absotively, posolutely love ya, baby / I absotively, posolutely love ya, yeah / No bout a-doubt it / I can't live without it
- 1991 October 3, “When Flanders Failed”, The Simpsons season 3 episode 3:
- Shopper: Could you validate my parking?
- Ned Flanders: Absotively posilutely!
- 1994, Joseph Heller, Closing Time, ISBN 9780671746049, LCCN 94020604, OL 1096036M:
- “Absotively, Admiral Dewey?” “Posilutely, General Grant.”
- 1994, Richard Marcinko, Rogue Warrior II: Red Cell, New York: Pocket Books, ISBN 9780671799571, OL 20939336M:
- Worthingham Washington Lewis told me he was absatively, posolutely ready for us: “We've got the scenario, and my men are raring to go, Captain.”
- 1998, Lewis Kornfeld, The Pheromone Factor: Twenty-Five Short Stories:
- "No way, madam, it's posilutely confidential," I chuckled.
- 1999, Poul Anderson, Operation Luna, New York: Tor, ISBN 9780312867065, OL 37402M, page 104:
- “Posolutely and absitively not.”
- 2001, MHz, “Absotively Posolutely” (song), MHz feat. Copywrite, in Table Scraps (album):
- We're absotively posolutely sure we got the cure for the common rhyme at the beat in time.
- 2010, Clint Lagerberg, Craig Wiseman, “Almost Alright” (song), Blake Shelton, in Hillbilly Bone (album):
- I'm absotively, posolutely, almost alright