Citations:pull a Homer
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
English citations of pull a Homer
- 1991 October 17, The Simpsons, episode 40, as shown on screen
- 1. American bonehead.
- 2. Pull a Homer --
- to succeed despite idiocy.
- 1994 February 28, Gordon Craick, “Re: Alltime greatest?”, alt.tv.simpsons
- I'd usually continue this on private email, but others might wish to "pull a homer" and join in...
- The Simpsons is about the only American show that I find regularly funny.
- 1999, Dion Turner, “Re: Is this a sign ?”, alt.fan.starwars, Usenet
- Like when Magic Johnson tripped and missed the shot in the basketball game, but slid into the cheerleaders. In essence 'pulling a Homer'[.]
- 2000 February 15, Geoff Dias, “Re: FF7: Safe Combination”, alt.games.final-fantasy, Usenet
- iCeM@n: I'm doing something of Homer Simpson-like stupidy am I not?
- Geoff Dias: Yep, you're pulling a Homer. You're thinking WAY too much for this.
- 2000 July 24, Riboflavin D. Monkey, “Re: Time-travelling discrepancies”, alt.fan.tom-servo, Usenet
- Anyway, I might go to the Def Leppard concert and pull a Homer. [If] you've ever seen the episode where the Simpsons go to the county fair, you'll know what I'm talking about.
- 2001 The New Yorker, Volume 77, Issues 1-5, p50
- Too many analysts pulled a Homer, while others got caught up in the prediction racket, focussing their energies on issuing stock-price targets and earnings estimates.
- 2002 February 17, Mark Longmuir, “Re: Who the F**K can Australia BRAG about that Winter Olympic Gold Medal !”, aus.tv, aus.sport, and aus.dvd, Usenet
- But to pull a Homer you need to be responsible for the idiocy yourself.
- 2003 June 12, Linda “UtterlyLinda”, “Re: What's in your...”, alt.fan.admiral-twin, Usenet
- I catch myself thinking I could get him a Nickel Creek CD for Father's Day, but realizing I'd be pulling a Homer. (around our house Simpson's comparisons are frequent, and the episode where Homer got Marge a bowling ball for her birthday (with Homer engraved on it) is a classic.)