Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
English citations of shitposter
Noun: "(Internet, slang, vulgar, pejorative) a person who makes worthless posts on a messageboard, newsgroup, or other online discussion platform"
|1999||2001 2003 2004 2008 2010 2012 2013|
|ME «||15th c.||16th c.||17th c.||18th c.||19th c.||20th c.||21st c.|
- 1999 9 March, Esko Illi [username], “Re: I have returned”, alt.rock-n-roll.metal.metallica, Usenet:
- You shitposters, take some advice: either you start to post something worth reading, or optionally get the hell out of here, hunt down James and tell him personally Metallica sucks, ok?
- 2001 3 March, Dana Phillips, “Re: Brad is an ass bandit. and he eats shit 2. And has a shit moustache. And it is not fake but real shit he has ate Re: I thiink that Steve Furbish is GAY and wants me badly was Re: KEN (NY) TO BE ON CABLE NEWS SHOW”, alt.law-enforcement, Usenet:
- Oe[sic] shit. I will be so happy to dump this shitposter.
- 2001 22 June, HWM [username], “Re: mass cancellations or message scrambling”, alt.folklore.urban, Usenet:
- No, you get it totally wrong. We were here first. *You* started it. No shitposts - no need to complain. The netcopping will continue, and has escalated to the level where nonprofessionals have taken the clue-by-four in their inexperienced hands. And they hit the inexperienced shitposters.
- 2003 2 October, WolfWolf [username], “Re: Talking Points - Bush and Putin”, soc.culture.spain, Usenet:
- You are a shitposter!
- 2004 10 March, C.M.R., “As Always”, alt.sports.basketball.nba.boston-celtics, Usenet:
- This team wins a few games AHHHHHHHHHHHHH, everybody starts offendinmg[sic] everybody, like if they know a SHIT, yeh you BASTARD, YEH YOUUU SHITPOSTER.
- 2008 6 July, Eric Gisse, “Re: Gravitational Order”, rec.org.mensa, Usenet:
- Why are you morons encouraging this shitposter?
- 2010 5 December, rmacfarl [username], “Re: The Future, was: preliminary RFD: end moderation”, talk.origins, Usenet:
- Talkrational is an interesting experiment in discussion board democracy, but much (too much) of the on-line discussion is navel gazing about how to get the balance between letting everyone have a voice and keeping a lid on trolls aka shitposters.
- 2012 5 May, Argue Kate [username], “Re: ONE THING WE CAN BE SURE OF”, alt.slack.goathead, Usenet:
- You're always responding to trolls and people that fuck with you you're a shitposter
- 2013 14 January, Deepfriedice [username], “Re: Winduh 8 Piles (TM) cannot do a safe fast shutdown”, 24hoursupport.helpdesk, Usenet:
- If you are a troll, just leave this newsgroup - it already has enough shitposters without you.