Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
English citations of soylent
- 1966 , w:Harry Harrison, Make Room! Make Room!, ISBN 9780765318855, OL 166390161, New York: Doubleday:
- [p 24] Soylent steaks, a whole boxful, each flat and brown and big as his hand. [. . .] ¶ Billy ate three of the soybean and lentil steaks that way, pausing every now and then between bites and poking his head cautiously out, brushing the lanky black hair from his eyes as he looked upward.
- [p 95] “I can't remember the last time I had beef—in fact it has been a long time since I have seen a piece of soylent.”
- 1973, Soylent Green, film.
- [title] Soylent Green
- This conversation with Governor Henry C. Santini is brought to you by Soylent Red and Soylent Yellow high-energy vegetable concentrate, and new, delicious Soylent Green, the miracle food of high-energy plankton, gathered from the oceans of the world. Because of its enormous popularity, Soylent Green is in short supply. Remember, Tuesday is Soylent Green day.
- Soylent controls the food supply for half the world.
- A member of the board of the Soylent Corporation was torn apart with a meat hook!
- Quick-energy yellow Soylent made of genuine soybeans. Soylent crumbs! Two D's a kilo. Nothing cheaper in the market. Come and get it. Soylent buns! Get your genuine Soylent buns!
1976, Roger C. Pfaffenberger, Mathematical Programming for Economics and Business, Ames: Iowa State University Press, ISBN 9780813810553, LCCN 75023045, page 11:
- It is decided that the product will be composed of three elements — soylent green, red, and blue. Each pound of the final product must contain at least 2000 calories of energy and 1000 units of vitamins.
2006, Shane Berryhill, Chance Fortune and the Outlaws, New York: Starscape, published 2011, chapter 8:
- “Today's selection is Superaide with a choice of soylent yellow or soylent red,” the servodroid said.
2010 August 21, James Walter Sturges, Machetes in the Trunk: Three Weeks in Panama, CreateSpace, ISBN 9781440486647, OL 25279605M, page 163:
- The road simply ended in a squishy slough of that orange‐colored construction mud that looked like it had been extruded through a particularly gruesome play‐doh tool, perhaps if Upton Sinclair had gone on to write Soylent Orange.
2011 June 26, Thomatsu, “Soylent brown – “Shit burgers””, Disease of the Week!: