Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Old French citations of trenchier
12 Century AD, author unknown, Le dit des Perdriz:
- Mes sires est alez la fors,
Por son grant coutel aguisier,
Et dist qu'il voudra vous trenchier,
Les coilles s'il vous puet tenir.
- My husband went over there,
- To sharpen his great knife,
- And says that he would like,
- To cut off your balls, if he can catch you.
circa 1250, Rutebeuf, La Damme qui fist trois tours:
- Sa fame a par les tresces prises,
Por le trenchier son coutel tret.
- He held his wife by her locks
- And took his knife to cut them.