Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
English citations of woz
First person singular past indicative of "be"
- 1875, Bret Harte, Gabriel Conroy, in The Writings of Bret Harte, page 314
- I was sayin' I woz on the hill, when I heerd vyces, and lookin' out I seed you with a stranger.
- 1995, Anne Hamilton, Gypsy Bride, page 284
- That I woz, m'lord — that I woz indeed!" growled Gitano in a gravelly dialect from his Gypsy repertoire, [....]
- 2006, David Osborne, Toby Potts in the Temple of Gloom and Other Adventures of Our Intrepid Hero, page 173
- [...] "why did you wait two days before telling your Mum what Mr. Masters had done to you?" "Yer mean Jack?" "Yes, Jack." "Cos I woz embarrassed."
Third person singular past indicative of "be"
- 1983, Harold Talbot Parker, Three Napoleonic Battles, page 107
- 'Where's our Arthur?' ... 'Aw wish he woz here.'
- 2006, Dewey Lambdin, A King's Trade, page 326
- "Andrews woz a foin feller, he woz, always fair an' kindly with us. Sorry we lost him, sor."
2003 May 1, Damien, “24.s02e21.4.00.am.5.00.am-ftv - 138Mb - ok - now it's finally done!!”, alt.luser.recovery, Usenet:
- If its any prob - not worth the hassle - dont woz! ...