Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
American Sign Language
- This two-handed ASL sign is produced as follows:
- Posture the nondominant hand in about half an arm's length in front of and beside the chest. Posture the dominant hand in at the nose.
- Move both hands in opposite directions past the front of the chest, brushing the dominant hand over the nondominant one as they pass each other.
- Posture the nondominant hand in in . Posture the dominant hand in with the arms crossed near the wrists.
- (ASL gloss) ENGLISH LANGUAGE FROM ENGLAND. IRONIC, A-S-L FROM FRENCH SIGN LANGUAGE, NOT FROM B-S-L.
- "The English language is from England and it is ironic that American Sign Language is from French Sign Language, not from British Sign Language."