|ME «||15th c.||16th c.||17th c.||18th c.||19th c.||20th c.||21st c.|
- The following documentation is located at Template:timeline/doc. 
- Note: Please move the documentation subpage to Template:timeline/documentation.
This is a timeline template for words with English quotations. Parameters:
- 1400s — years of 15th-century quotations
- 1500s — years of 16th-century quotations
- 1600s — (etc.)
- enm — A link backwards to the entry for the Middle English progenitor of this word (if any), where (in theory) older cites would be found.
If more than one date exists for a century, separate them with <br> tags, and they should bottom-align.
All parameters are optional. If none are given, the timeline will be blank, as it should be above. This timeline is probably not suitable for other languages than English, which may want longer or shorter timelines, or links back to different prior languages (or forward to later ones?).
Please feel free to gussy up this template any way that seems necessary, I'm not very good at pretty format.Adapted from la:Formula:Chronologia.