User:Visviva/Herald Sun 20090325
|← Previous (2009-03-24)||Words harvested from the Herald Sun, 2009-03-25
||→ Next (2009-03-26)|
This is a list of lowercase non-hyphenated single words found in the 2009-03-25 issue of the Herald Sun which did not have English entries in the English Wiktionary when this list was created (2009-03-26).
Please create these entries if you are able. Feel free to maintain and annotate the list as well. Typos and non-English words can simply be removed. English words which may not qualify for inclusion for any reason can be sequestered at the bottom of the list.
The quotes often provide good usage examples and attestation evidence and, in most cases, should be included in the entry or citation page for the lemma.
To activate the "add" links, which simplify the addition of citations, add the following code to Special:Mypage/monobook.js, and clear your cache:
importScript('User:Visviva/pretext.js');When this is done, clicking the "add" link should preload the edit form with a dummy entry including a formatted citation for the passage in question. In some cases a "notemp" link is also provided; this generates a template-free version.
In lists created since 2008-02-03, false blue links (entries that exist but lack an English section) are marked with a "*".
30910 tokens ‧ 22149 valid lowercase tokens ‧ 4104 types ‧ 14 (~ 0.341%) words before cleaning ‧
2009 March 25, Grant McArthur, “I'm back, so who won the footy, says Les Twentyman”, Herald Sun:add
- Despite being critically ill moments before being anesthetised on February 26 for an operation he did not wake up from for three weeks, Mr Twentyman's last request was for doctors to pass on a "happy anniversary" message to his wife.
2009 March 25, Kathleen Cuthbertson, “Therese Rein nearly impresses all with her fashion sense”, Herald Sun:add
- "I don't think that she could start getting all costumey and pushing herself into clothes that don't feel right for her, but there are just probably a couple of style tips that she could take on board to look a little bit more pulled together," she said.
2009 March 25, Mark Robinson, “Roaming star Lance Franklin centrepiece of Hawks' Buddy system”, Herald Sun:add
- "And then the next week he'll play in the goalsquare and might kick 17 .
- hive off
2009 March 25, Jane Metlikovec, “Police search Clayton South tip for 'headless body', find pork”, Herald Sun:add
- It is understood the female witness spotted the pigmeat about 10am near a Coles supermarket, and returned with local police to the location.
2009 March 25, Paul Gover, “Jamie Whincup braces for a testing time at grand prix”, Herald Sun:add
- Jamie Whincup is in sizzling form after streeting the field at the Clipsal 500 in Adelaide, but he knows he could easily drop back to the pack as Team Vodafone goes in search of a championship advantage in the AGP support races.