User:Visviva/Toronto Star 20090212
|← Previous (2009-02-11)||Words harvested from the Toronto Star, 2009-02-12
||→ Next (2009-02-13)|
This is a list of lowercase non-hyphenated single words found in the 2009-02-12 issue of the Toronto Star which did not have English entries in the English Wiktionary when this list was created (2009-02-12).
Please create these entries if you are able. Feel free to maintain and annotate the list as well. Typos and non-English words can simply be removed. English words which may not qualify for inclusion for any reason can be sequestered at the bottom of the list.
The quotes often provide good usage examples and attestation evidence and, in most cases, should be included in the entry or citation page for the lemma.
To activate the "add" links, which simplify the addition of citations, add the following code to Special:Mypage/monobook.js, and clear your cache:
importScript('User:Visviva/pretext.js');When this is done, clicking the "add" link should preload the edit form with a dummy entry including a formatted citation for the passage in question. In some cases a "notemp" link is also provided; this generates a template-free version.
In lists created since 2008-02-03, false blue links (entries that exist but lack an English section) are marked with a "*".
59649 tokens ‧ 43923 valid lowercase tokens ‧ 6871 types ‧ 18 (~ 0.262%) words before cleaning ‧
2009 Februaryruary 12, Iain Marlow, “Students make healthy good enough to eat”, Toronto Star:add
- They did manage to slim down the perogies by replacing the regular cheese with low-fat farmer's cheese, but said there's not much they can do with bigos, a stew of cabbage and various cuts of pork, bacon and sausage.
2009 February 12, Dave Feschuk, “Raptor cast-offs thriving with San Antonio”, Toronto Star:add
- It can be this way, to be fair to the locals hoopsters, because Matt Bonner and Roger Mason Jr., the ex-Raptors who have found success in San Antonio, have become better players since they kept lockers at the Air Canada Centre.
2009 February 12, Rosie DiManno, “Pray this is nothing but a cautionary tale”, Toronto Star:add
- Trailed by aggressive groupies across the continent, clusters of them hovering around hotels and bars and ballparks; a single guy in his mid-20s, a red-blooded male presented with a cornucopia of sexual delights, a baseball princeling with his pick of lovelies.
- pyjama *
2009 February 12, Derick Chetty, “Proper attire for the bedroom”, Toronto Star:add
- They, and other labels such as Philosophy di Alberta Ferretti and Jean Paul Gaultier have joined the pyjama parade, proposing sleepwear as outerwear as the new way to dress up for an evening of entertaining at home or on the town.
2009 February 12, Tonda MacCharles, “Khadr/article/586349 Harper rejects pleas to raise Khadr's plight with Obama”, Toronto Star:add
- The letter Ignatieff signed says it appears Khadr was "unflawfully recruited and used as a child soldier in the armed conflict in Afghanistan in 2002."