User:Visviva/Toronto Star 20090214
|← Previous (2009-02-13)||Words harvested from the Toronto Star, 2009-02-14
||→ Next (2009-02-15)|
This is a list of lowercase non-hyphenated single words found in the 2009-02-14 issue of the Toronto Star which did not have English entries in the English Wiktionary when this list was created (2009-02-14).
Please create these entries if you are able. Feel free to maintain and annotate the list as well. Typos and non-English words can simply be removed. English words which may not qualify for inclusion for any reason can be sequestered at the bottom of the list.
The quotes often provide good usage examples and attestation evidence and, in most cases, should be included in the entry or citation page for the lemma.
To activate the "add" links, which simplify the addition of citations, add the following code to Special:Mypage/monobook.js, and clear your cache:
importScript('User:Visviva/pretext.js');When this is done, clicking the "add" link should preload the edit form with a dummy entry including a formatted citation for the passage in question. In some cases a "notemp" link is also provided; this generates a template-free version.
In lists created since 2008-02-03, false blue links (entries that exist but lack an English section) are marked with a "*".
94989 tokens ‧ 70439 valid lowercase tokens ‧ 9148 types ‧ 47 (~ 0.514%) words before cleaning ‧
- arancini *
- capitaine *
2009 February 14, Sharon McDonnell, “Chicken-chasin' Cajuns”, Toronto Star:add
- Clad in fringed outfits, cone-shaped capuchons that resemble dunce caps and wire mesh masks, they go from house to house and farm to farm, knocking on doors and begging for gumbo ingredients such as chickens, rice and sausage.
- courir *
2009 February 14, John Sakamoto, “The (Anti-Valentine's) Anti-Hit List”, Toronto Star:add
- Like the disarmingly direct title of this Montreal singer-songwriter's new album, metaphor tends to be trumped by diaristic detail on this midtempo lament, whose default mood is not so much acrimony as wistfulness.
2009 February 14, Gord Stimmell, “Bottles for a sweet Valentine's pairing”, Toronto Star:add
- To complement a serious flourless chocolate cake made using an espresso component, with bitter chocolate glaze, I usually opt for a fruit wine, Southbrook Farms Framboise (#341024, $15.85), but make sure you add fresh raspberries alongside the slices.
2009 February 14, Darren Zenko, “Afro Samurai is badass but lacks finesse”, Toronto Star:add
- On a sonic level – if you can get past the repetitive, foul-mouthed callouts of the henchpersons you're mowing through – you're treated to some gleefully rambunctious voice work from certified urban ham-in-a-can Samuel L. Jackson, and a wicked East Asia-meets-East Coast soundtrack courtesy of legendary producer RZA of the Wu-Tang Clan.
2009 February 14, Greg Coates, “An out-of-this world experience”, Toronto Star:add
- Visitors to Florida next fall will have an opportunity to meet celebrated astronauts, including moonwalker Buzz Aldrin, at the Astronaut Scholarship Foundation's Astronaut Autograph and Memorabilia Show at the Kennedy Space Center.
2009 February 14, Lisa Summers, “To find a mate, you gotta shop around”, Toronto Star:add
- During the "falling in love phase," the brain produces large quantities of dopamine and norepinphrine creating the excited, exhilarated and focused state that allows one to have eight-hour dates and remember everything in detail.
2009 Februaryruary 14, Colin and Justin, “Colin and Justin: Basement gloom begone!”, Toronto Star:add
- Sure, we like to think we're residentially well endowed, but the fact of the matter is the average British home is approximately 30 per cent smaller than the average Canadian abode; no surprise given that our domiciles, for the most part, are arranged across two, instead of three, levels.
2009 February 14, Marc Saltzman, “Demos, posters and princes, oh my!”, Toronto Star:add
- The full version of Sony's first-person sci-fi sequel will include both a mission-based solo campaign and ground-rattling multi-player modes, as players work with squadmates to crush the nasty Helghast race on their own turf.