User:Visviva/Toronto Star 20090710
|← Previous (2009-07-09)||Words harvested from the Toronto Star, 2009-07-10
||→ Next (2009-07-11)|
This is a list of lowercase non-hyphenated single words found in the 2009-07-10 issue of the Toronto Star which did not have English entries in the English Wiktionary when this list was created (2009-08-22).
Please create these entries if you are able. Feel free to maintain and annotate the list as well. Typos and non-English words can simply be removed. English words which may not qualify for inclusion for any reason can be sequestered at the bottom of the list.
The quotes often provide good usage examples and attestation evidence and, in most cases, should be included in the entry or citation page for the lemma.
To activate the "add" links, which simplify the addition of citations, add the following code to Special:Mypage/monobook.js, and clear your cache:
importScript('User:Visviva/pretext.js');When this is done, clicking the "add" link should preload the edit form with a dummy entry including a formatted citation for the passage in question. In some cases a "notemp" link is also provided; this generates a template-free version.
In lists created since 2008-02-03, false blue links (entries that exist but lack an English section) are marked with a "*".
53454 tokens ‧ 38780 valid lowercase tokens ‧ 6663 types ‧ 15 (~ 0.225%) words before cleaning ‧
- bonjour *
- downpayments *
2009 July 10, Bill Schiller, “Picking up the pieces in China's riot-torn northwest”, Toronto Star:add
- "We had a number of customers who had already made downpayments for cars on the lot," says Ma.
2009 July 10, “Simmons promises full-bore Kiss”, Toronto Star:add
- If Kiss fans are fretting that the band's upcoming eight Canadian shows will pale in comparison to the 60-city megatour planned for this fall when the band will unveil new outfits and new material bassist/vocalist Gene Simmons says not to worry.
2009 July 10, Joe Fiorito, “Tenant blues (sung to the tune of Hotel California)”, Toronto Star:add
- Marc Charbonneau got off to a ripsnorting start; alas, when he began to make calls and send emails about the problems in his building, he was ignored by the Toronto Community Housing Corporation.
2009 July 10, Peter Howell, “Il Divo: Star power”, Toronto Star:add
- Those not versed in Italian politics will likely have trouble keeping up with Sorrentino's sweeping narrative, a prize winner at Cannes, which begins with a series of killings, set to an up-tempo pop tune, that rivals the final series of rubouts in The Godfather.
2009 July 10, Antonia Zerbisias, “Sarah Barracuda will be back”, Toronto Star:add
- Never mind her foreign policy failings, her inability to string a sentence together, her demagogic calls to arms, her lies about Troopergate and the "bridge to nowhere," her refusal to condemn terrorism when it comes to abortion clinics, her denial of gay rights, the exploitation of her pregnant teenage daughter (and the soon-to-be-jettisoned sperminator), her absolutely disastrous and pitifully (mercifully?) few interviews ...