- 1 Instructions
- 2 Requests
- 2.1 User:Readopedia → User:Energybender
- 2.2 User:Project Weber → User:Efclosson
- 2.3 Project Weber → efclosson7
- 2.4 User:JimDerby → User:Jim Derby
- 2.5 User:Musabbir035 → User:Musabbir Islam
- 2.6 User:Aushulz → User:Daniele Pugliesi
- 2.7 User:Rafy → User:Kathovo
- 2.8 User:Nikcro32 → User:Der Krommodore
- 2.9 XJamRastafire → XJaM
- 2.10 User:Amer-aln7l → User:Kuwaity26
- 2.11 User:ArkBlitz → User:Csolisr
- 2.12 User:Meand → User:Me and
- 2.13 User:Hex → User:Scott Martin
- 2.14 User:My1xTreme → User:My1
- 2.15 User:BCG999 (SUL) → User:RandomDSdevel (SUL)
- 2.16 User:Astral → User:Cloudcuckoolander
- 2.17 User:AcSIR → User:ash_61117
- 2.18 William (SUL request)
- 2.19 User:Nowak Kowalski → User:ï¿½
- 2.20 User:Faizan Al-Badri → User:Faizan
- 2.21 User:Heathinjersey → User:Tombstoneyes
- 2.22 User:Kontos → User:Sanyi4
- 2.23 User:Helafamilystories → User:LawrenceLacks
- 2.24 User:Djdubay → User:Djd
- 2.25 User:Arunprakash.pts → User:Arunprakash
- 2.26 User:Ajl772 → User:radar33
- 2.27 User:Albacore → User:Seattle
- 2.28 Usurp User:Alan
- 2.29 User:Rannpháirtí anaithnid → User:Tóraí
- 2.30 User:Moscowconnection → User:Moscow Connection
- 2.31 User:Lo Ximiendo to User:Ximi
- 2.32 User:لطرش أحمد الهاشمي ← User:لطرش احمد الهاشمي
- 2.33 trying to unify User:Econterms
- 2.34 User:King jakob c 2 → User:Jakec
- 2.35 User:Cholo71796 → User:Undll
- 2.36 User:Vitalik7 → User:Vitalik
- 2.37 SUL usurption user:RealSamB → user:SamB
- 2.38 User:Atlantima → User:Brainy J
- 2.39 User:ශ්වෙත → User:Shwetha
- 2.40 User:Þónrarr → User:Sean Clark
Once you've decided that a change is the best way forward:
- Check Special:Listusers to see whether your desired name is not already taken. While it is possible to hijack existing user accounts without their permission, this is undesirable and will require a special reason.
- Click add your request and explain clearly why you want to make the change, you must sign your request from your old account.
- Wait patiently for one of our bureaucrats to deal with your request.
Your old account will not exist anymore. All edits and other user data (including preferences and watchlist) from your old account will be reattributed to your new account. You can log in with your old password. A log of these changes is kept at Special:Log/renameuser and the requests are archived here.
- You should your old User: and User_talk: pages to your new user name; don't just copy the content.
- If you wish you can recreate your old account and request that an administrator block it to prevent other users from impersonating you.
As you cannot have a username that is the same as an organization's name, I would like to change my username.
- Hi. You need to log on as User:Project Weber and sign your request with ~~~~ so that we know the request is valid. Thanks. —Stephen (Talk) 18:29, 7 January 2013 (UTC)
Hello. I would like to change the username because it is the name of an organization and so it does not meet wiki requirements.
When I go back and forth between Wikipedia and Wiktionary it would be easier if I had the same user name.
Sorry to bother you; Jim
- You don't have any contributions under the username 'Musabbir035'; so why not just create 'Musabbir Islam' as a new account? —RuakhTALK 15:13, 16 January 2013 (UTC)
I'd like to rename from "Meand" to "Me and" per my recent rename on English Wikipedia. There's SUL on the old name, but I'm waiting to finish renames on other projects before setting up SUL on the new one. Thanks! Meand (talk) 09:31, 24 April 2013 (UTC)
- Done. —Stephen (Talk) 14:15, 24 April 2013 (UTC)
- Done. —Stephen (Talk) 15:19, 28 April 2013 (UTC)
User:BCG999 (SUL) → User:RandomDSdevel (SUL)
Hi; I would like to have my current username changed for SUL purposes to be 'RandomDSdevel' so as to reflect the fact that I recently switched over to this username on Wikipedia because of how my old username contains my initials. Could you do that for me, please?
BCG999 (talk) 17:17, 2 May 2013 (UTC)
- Done. —Stephen (Talk) 19:31, 2 May 2013 (UTC)
So that I don't end up as Astral~enwiktionary come May 27. There doesn't seem to be anyone using the account name Cloudcuckoolander on other Wikimedia projects. It's a bit ungainly, I know, but I like it and it keeps me from having to resort to using something with random numerals. Astral (talk) 04:02, 8 May 2013 (UTC)
I want to change my Username as current username might reflect that I have created a page on behalf of the AcSIR (i.e. to promote it), while, I just wanted to share with the aspiring Indian researchers like me that there is this Academy which has just begun with the support of established Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) of India.
Hope to hear from you soon.
- I am not comfortable with doing this, because your account was blocked indefinitely on English Wikipedia because it appears to be mainly intended for publicity and/or promotional purposes. If you can have your username changed at w:User:AcSIR first, then we will be glad to do it here as well. —Stephen (Talk) 19:42, 10 May 2013 (UTC)
William (SUL request)
- Your current user name: Faizan Al-Badri (talk • contribs)
- Target name: Faizan (talk • contribs)
- Target was contacted: On Talk
- This is a SUL request; Please change my username, I am an editor from English Wikipedia, and I request usurpation here for unified login. I am a regular editor at your projects, especially Wikipedia. Faizan Al-Badri (talk) 11:43, 27 May 2013 (UTC)
I used my real name and location in my username. Please change it to protect my privacy. Thank you.
- Done. But you have no edits. You could just as well have stopped using the one name and started using the other. —Stephen (Talk) 11:21, 18 June 2013 (UTC)
I would like "Kontos" to be renamed to "Sanyi4", so that I can attach it to my global account. "Sanyi4" already exists. Both "Kontos" and "Sanyi4" belong to me. It is important that the current "Sanyi4" be renamed to "Sanyi4 (usurped)", not something else! Confirmation: . Thanks. -- Kontos (talk) 22:26, 14 July 2013 (UTC)
When we established this username to add information to the Henrietta Lacks entry, we did not realize the "promotional policy" user name thing. Our book is called "HeLa Family Stories," so this is a clear violation of the policy. Our apologies. Feel free to change our username to LawrenceLacks. Thank you!
- It does not matter to us here. Perhaps Wikipedia has different rules. If you want the username changed, we can do it, but it is up to you. —Stephen (Talk) 08:44, 16 July 2013 (UTC)
Migrating for WP:SUL.
Please change my username. i am looking for a global account
It's more in line with my internet presence. Also, I have a diff .
Hi. I request User:Alan usurpation for complete my SUL account. Confirmation diff. Target username (User talk:Alan) informed using standard template. Inactive since 2006 with 1 edit only. I´m not need my old account rename. Thanks in advance. --Alan.lorenzo (talk) 12:02, 2 October 2013 (UTC)
- Done. —Stephen (Talk) 08:33, 3 October 2013 (UTC)
I'm renaming my username on all wikis (proof) and would like to add this one to my SUL too. Please rename me, because I care for the edits I made here and I would like to keep track of them. --Moscowconnection (talk) 21:01, 17 November 2013 (UTC)
- Note that we can only rename your en.wikt account, thereby detaching it from your global (SUL) account. To rename all those accounts and have a single SUL account again, you'd have to submit requests at all those sites. Please confirm that you're O.K. with that, and would like your en.wikt account to be renamed. —RuakhTALK 06:14, 18 November 2013 (UTC)
Current Name: User:لطرش احمد الهاشمي
Rename to:User:لطرش أحمد الهاشمي
Reason:i want the same name in all wikimedia project
trying to unify User:Econterms
I'm User:Econterms. I've unified accounts across Wikimedia except for en:wikitionary because I don't know my account's password here any more. (I keep trying to remember it when I am inspired to edit here, but can't remember.) From this "CentralAuth" page I gather this means I am asking to "usurp" the account here. Can you enable me to unify it? Or advise me what to do? Thank you in advance. This edit demonstrates that I can log in to other accounts as user:econterms. -- econterms 23:59, 24 December 2013 (UTC)
- Hi. In order to usurp that username, you need to create a temporary username here (such as User:Econterms(temp)) and log in and note the request using that name. Then I can usurp User:Econterms and rename Econterms(temp) to Econterms. —Stephen (Talk) 00:59, 25 December 2013 (UTC)
Request to match Wikipedia username. Thank you.
- Are you sure you typed it correctly? There is no such username at enwik. —Stephen (Talk) 20:48, 18 January 2014 (UTC)
- Notes: User:Vitalik doesn't exist here yet. I have created SUL Vitalik: toolserver.org/Vitalik. I have more than 1000 edit count on ruwiktionary: toolserver.org/Vitalik7. After renaming "Vitalik7 → Vitalik" here I will join it to my SUL account. Thanks. - Vitalik7 (talk) 11:53, 31 January 2014 (UTC)
SUL usurption user:RealSamB → user:SamB
I hold the unified login SamB[], and user:SamB here supposedly made an edit to an article back in 2009, but there's no public record of what that edit was, and he or she does not appear to have any other history here. I'm fairly certain that I've allowed sufficient time for them to respond to my warning here, so could you please do the rename now? --RealSamB (talk) 23:38, 2 February 2014 (UTC)
I'd like to have the same name for all Wikis (I am aware it's my real name).
- Done. (You do realize that we can only change your name for this Wiki, don’t you? You have to ask each Wiki individually.) —Stephen (Talk) 21:48, 3 March 2014 (UTC)
- Yeah, I know. In any case, thanks for changing it. :D