Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Some sources think it refers to the Brazilian blacks (Torston), others to a Brazilian's comparatively short stature (Lone).
macaquitos m pl
- (literally) little monkeys
- (by extension, slang, derogatory) Brazilians (often implying a perceived tendency to copy American and European fads).
- From slavery to freedom in Brazil: Bahia, 1835-1900, by Dale Torston Graden
- The Japanese community in Brazil, 1908-1940: between samurai and carnival, by Stewart Lone
- ISTOÉ - 7 de agosto de 1996 - "Brasil x Argentina: o problema é deles"
- Bazzil - News from Brazil - Olympic power
- - La Jornada - 1 de agosto de 1996 - Nigeria, a la final de futbol; derrotó 4 por 3 a Brasil