Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- A primary preposition denoting union; with or together (but much closer than μετά or παρά), that is, by association, companionship, process, resemblance, possession, instrumentality, addition, etc.: Possibly from Proto-Indo-European *sem- (“one, together”).
- (Classical) IPA: /sún/, later IPA: /sýn/
- (Koine) IPA: /syn/ or IPA: /sin/
- (Byzantine) IPA: /syn/, later IPA: /sin/
- (Modern) IPA: [sin]
- In compounds it has similar applications, including completeness.