Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- A primary preposition denoting union; with or together (but much closer than μετά or παρά), that is, by association, companionship, process, resemblance, possession, instrumentality, addition, etc.: Possibly from Proto-Indo-European *sem- (“one, together”).
- (Classical) IPA(key): /sún/, later IPA(key): /sýn/
- (Koine) IPA(key): /syn/ or IPA(key): /sin/
- (Byzantine) IPA(key): /syn/, later IPA(key): /sin/
- (Modern) IPA(key): [sin]
σύν (sun) (invokes dative)
- In compounds it has similar applications, including completeness.
- συνάγω (sunagō)