Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
» English language » Shortenings
English terms that are shortened forms of other words or word combinations.
- Category:English abbreviations: English abbreviated words or groups of words.
- Category:English acronyms: English groups of words represented by parts pronounced together as single words.
- Category:English contractions: English shortened words or phrases.
- Category:English initialisms: English groups of words represented by their beginning parts pronounced separately.
- Category:English pseudo-acronyms: English groups of words that used to represent an acronym but no longer do (see w:Pseudo-acronym).
|Top – A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z|