Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
English citations of hella
Adverb: intensifier, very
- 1998 -- South Park -- "Spookyfish"
- Cartman uses the word "hella" repeatedly, and his friends keep yelling at him to stop.
- 2001 -- Bad Boys: Public Schools in the Making of Black Masculinity by Ann Arnett Ferguson (page 140) 
- My freedom had been ripped away from me for twelve hours.
- With four other women
- with a bunk bed
- (the mattress way maybe a inch
- as thick as that table
- with a wool blanket that woulnd't even cover my feet)
- on a steel bunk
- the windows all the way up to the ceiling
- you couldn't
- see outside
- and it was hella cold in that cell.
A great many
- 2000 -- The 2nd Second by Leonardo DeSanctis (page 124)
- We spent the fourth of July in San Francisco hanging out on the Haight and watching the fireworks in Golden Gate Park. There were hella people.
- 2004 -- Da Joka by Timesha Fulton
- "...we saw all those different kinds of bongs and shit in the window." "Oh Yeah! I remember like Alice in Wonderland right. What that caterpillar was smoking with. Remember we saw one of those too? Where hella people can all smoke at once."