Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
From the title character in the 1985 novel Forrest Gump or its 1994 film adaptation.
- (nonce word, figuratively) A simple-minded but good-hearted person who becomes involved in historically significant events by chance.
- 2003 --Galen. Burghardt: The Eurodollar Futures and Options Handbook, page xxxix 
- At a recent conference, I remarked that I felt a little like the Forrest Gump of interest rate futures. One accident after another has placed me in the company of people who have been innovative thinkers and doers in the futures business...
- 2006 -- John S. Pruitt, Tamara Adlin: The Persona Lifecycle: Keeping People in Mind Throughout Product Design (page 410)
- So, how do you present a two-week usability study of Quickenloans.com to senior leadership in Forrest Gump style?
- 2003 --Galen. Burghardt: The Eurodollar Futures and Options Handbook, page xxxix