God's green earth
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (idiomatic) The world.
- No way on God's green earth is that going to happen.
- 1958, Isaac Asimov, Lenny
- [A] MEC model that will do nothing on God's green earth but take two steps forward, say 'Pleased to meet you, sir,' shake hands, then take two steps back...
- 1999, Dwain Campbell, Tales from the Frozen Ocean (page 8)
- Few places on God's green earth are as imbued with primordial magic as those bordering the phantasmagoric waters of Fundy.
- 2001, Carl Hiaasen, Sick puppy
- And with regard to the Toad Island bridge, junior, there's not a damn thing you or anyone else on God's green earth can do to stop it.