Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- "candiru" (a tropical minute dangerous fish, Vandellia cirrhosa, who can swim up one's urethra...) , coming from the fish name in spanish : "cañero" (= plumber).
- "to dally" (to wind a rope around a saddle horn) , coming from the spanish "da le la vuelta !" ("twist it around !").
- "keskidee" (slur meaning "a Frenchman") : from the question "Qu'est-ce qu'il dit ?" ("What is he saying ?") often asked by the companions of an english-speaking frenchman.
- "dago" (slur meaning "hispanic") : from the spanish christian name Diego.
Need confirmation for candiru ety. Seems a stretch to me.
keskidee needs attestation.
- Thanks DCD, and what is a stretch ? Every anglo-saxon trying to say "canero" I heard actually said "candiru". Is that a stretch ? Arapaima 07:22, 22 October 2009 (UTC)