Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
(Redirected from User:Evrik/epicaricacy)
- The word is mentioned in some early dictionaries, but there is little or no evidence of actual usage until it was picked up by various "interesting word" websites around the turn of the twenty-first century.
- For usage examples of this term, see the citations page.
rejoicing at or deriving pleasure from the misfortunes of others
- Google book search on epikhairekakia
- Google book search on Epichaerecacia
- 1737, Nathan Bailey, Universal Etymological English Dictionary:
- 1751, Nathan Bailey, Dictionarium Britannicum:
- 1955, Joseph T. Shipley, Dictionary of Early English, Philosophical Library, ISBN-13: 978-0806529264:
- 1955, Peter Novobatzky; Shea , Ammon, Depraved and Insulting English, Harvest Books, ISBN-13: 978-0156011495: