Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Feel free to add to this page, one and all. Don't remove anything I've added, at least: this is supposed to be as bloated as possible while remaining within the rules of Wiktionary:Votes/pl-2010-03/Placename namespace.—msh210℠ 17:18, 16 April 2010 (UTC)
- A place name.
- A state of the United States of America.
- A county in that state.
- A city in that state.
- (informal, dated) Manhattan, a borough of that city.
- (informal, dated) Manhattan and the Bronx, two boroughs of that city, collectively.
- (informal) Manhattan Island, an island in that state.
- (obsolete) Teraina, an island in Kiribati.
- (historical) A province of the Kingdom of England.
- A hamlet in Lincolnshire in England.
- A settlement in North Yorkshire in England.
- A village in Tyne and Wear in England.
- An unincorporated community in Henderson County in Texas in the United States of America.
- An ecclesiastical province of the Roman Catholic church.
- (in addressing) The region with ZIP codes whose first three digits are 100, 101, or 102.
- (informal, rare) New York University.
- A ship of the United States Navy, put into use in 1776.
- A ship of the United States Navy, put into use in 1800.
- A ship of the United States Navy, put into use in 1820.
- A ship of the United States Navy, so named in 1869.
- A ship of the United States Navy, put into use in 1893.
- A ship of the United States Navy, put into use in 1911.
- A ship of the United States Navy, put into use in 2007.
- (informal, naval) United States Navy Yard, New York.
- (state): New York State, N.Y., NY
- (county): New York County
- (city in New York (state)): New York City, the City of New York, the Big Apple (slang), New York, New York, New York, NY, New York, N.Y.
- (dated: Manhattan (borough)): see Manhattan
- (dated: Manhattan and the Bronx): the City (dated)
- (Manhattan Island): see Manhattan Island
- (obsolete: Teraina): see Teraina
- (province of the Kingdom of England):
- (hamlet in Lincolnshire):
- (settlement in North Yorkshire):
- (village in Tyne and Wear):
- (community in Texas):
- (ecclesiastical province of the Roman Catholic church):
- (region with ZIP codes 100–102): New York, NY
- (New York University): see New York University
- (1776 ship): USS New York
- (1800 ship): USS New York
- (1820 ship): USS New York
- (1869 ship): Ontario (obsolete)
- (1893 ship): USS New York, USS Rochester, Rochester, USS Saratoga, Saratoga
- (1911 ship): USS New York
- (2007 ship): USS New York
- (navy yard): see United States Navy Yard, New York
- New York City
- New York State
- New York, NY
- New York, N.Y.
- New York County
- New York Island
- New York University
- City University of New York
- State University of New York
- USS New York
- United States Navy Yard, New York
- New York, Auburn and Lansing Railroad
- New York, Chicago and St. Louis Railroad
- New York, New Haven & Hartford Passenger Depot
- New York, New Haven and Hartford Railroad
- New York, Ontario and Western Railway
- New York, Westchester and Boston Railway
- New York-LaGuardia
- New York-Kennedy
- New York-Northern New Jersey-Long Island, New York-New Jersey-Pennsylvania Metropolitan Statistical Area
- New York–Newark, NY–NJ–CT Urbanized Area
- New York-Newark-Bridgeport, New York-New Jersey-Connecticut-Pennsylvania Combined Statistical Area
- New York-White Plains-Wayne, NY-NJ Metropolitan Division
- Nassau-Suffolk, NY Metropolitan Division
- NewYork–Presbyterian Hospital
- The New York and Presbyterian Hospital
- the New York Hospital
- New York and Atlantic Railway
- New York and Erie Rail Road
- New York Aquarium
(and that's only through New York Aquarium in w:special:prefixindex/New_York)