User:Visviva/Toronto Star 20090820
|← Previous (2009-08-19)||Words harvested from the Toronto Star, 2009-08-20
||→ Next (2009-08-21)|
This is a list of lowercase non-hyphenated single words found in the 2009-08-20 issue of the Toronto Star which did not have English entries in the English Wiktionary when this list was created (2009-08-20).
Please create these entries if you are able. Feel free to maintain and annotate the list as well. Typos and non-English words can simply be removed. English words which may not qualify for inclusion for any reason can be sequestered at the bottom of the list.
The quotes often provide good usage examples and attestation evidence and, in most cases, should be included in the entry or citation page for the lemma.
To activate the "add" links, which simplify the addition of citations, add the following code to Special:Mypage/monobook.js, and clear your cache:
importScript('User:Visviva/pretext.js');When this is done, clicking the "add" link should preload the edit form with a dummy entry including a formatted citation for the passage in question. In some cases a "notemp" link is also provided; this generates a template-free version.
In lists created since 2008-02-03, false blue links (entries that exist but lack an English section) are marked with a "*".
56308 tokens ‧ 41000 valid lowercase tokens ‧ 6818 types ‧ 15 (~ 0.22%) words before cleaning ‧
2009 August 20, Jim Byers, “and sun/article/682574 The summit of Hawaiian beauty”, Toronto Star:add
- Take time to look around at the dawning light that casts lovely shadows on the rock and the gnarly kiawe (a relative of mesquite) trees that line the dry canyon walls.
- kona *
2009 August 20, Kelly Toughill, “Honolulu zone is a shopping mall and amusement park all in one”, Toronto Star:add
- One afternoon, I strolled through Tiffany's, Cartier and Prada, then bought board shorts, sun glasses and cut-rate kona coffee – the only real essentials here – for less than $20 at one of the ABC convenience stores that are everywhere.
2009 August 20, Kevin McGran, “Players tell officials to take radical changes back to the drawing board”, Toronto Star:add
- Baghbani won gold in kumite – a karate discipline – at the Pan Am Games and the USA Karate Open in Las Vegas in July.
2009 August 20, Nicholas Keung, “Judges' ages threaten court cases”, Toronto Star:add
- This latest turn of events not only affects immigration and refugee cases but all federal court matters such as trademark litigations and lawsuits against the federal governments, said Mamann, adding that this precedent could open the door for counsel to challenge the authority of any judge past the statutory retirement age in upcoming hearings or previous decisions.
- noni *
2009 August 20, Tony Van Alphen, “Hyundai rolls out incentives for dumping old gas guzzler”, Toronto Star:add
- Kelleher made the announcement as a payloader dropped a 1993 green Dodge Shadow model into a blue dumpster marked with the words "Hyundai Clean Air Commitment."
2009 August 20, Paul Hunter, “Balsillie fights back, says NHL accepts `criminals' as owners”, Toronto Star:add
- The ever-combative Jim Balsillie obviously wasn't just going to sit back and accept being portrayed by the NHL as a malevolent force, scheming to underhandly wrest the bankrupt Phoenix Coyotes away from the city of Glendale.