Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
From the New Testament: "Jesus replied, 'Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God without being born again.'" [John 3:3, Today's New International Version]
- Having a renewed commitment to Jesus Christ as a personal saviour.
- He proclaimed himself a born-again Christian during a church retreat.
- (by extension) Having the zeal of a convert of a non-religious cause or activity.
- After not picking up a shovel for twenty years, she finally saw the beauty in flowers and declared herself a born-again gardener.
- Of or pertaining to evangelical Christianity.
- To many people a born-again philosophy is a fundamentalist philosophy.
renewed commitment to Jesus Christ
born-again (plural born-agains)