Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Used other than as an idiom. To transport over by carrying.
- We carried her over the bridge.
- (transitive, idiomatic) To transfer (something) to a later point in time.
- The rent was carried over to December.
- (transitive, mathematics) This term needs a definition. Please help out and add a definition, then remove the text
- To inherit, to inspire
2012 May 15, Scott Tobias, “Film: Reviews: The Dictator”, The Onion AV Club:
- Though the idea of placing wacky made-up characters in a real-life context was carried over from Da Ali G Show—wherein Buzz Aldrin was once asked if he was upset that Michael Jackson got all the credit for inventing the moonwalk—Sacha Baron Cohen’s Borat felt like something new, an attempt to square an improvised, guerrilla style of underground comedy with reality-TV stunt shows like Jackass or Fear Factor.