Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (nonstandard, of expenses etc.) That may be charged to an account.
- (rare) Liable to be accused (either formally or informally).
- 1859 John Thomas Arlidge - On the state of lunacy and the legal provision for the insane
- The law provides for the occasional visitation of pauper lunatics in asylums chargeable to parishes, by a certain number of the officers . . .
- 1853 The Speeches of the Right Honourable Charles James Fox in the House of Common
- These cruelties are not, indeed, chargeable on Mr. Hastings personally; but when I state, that he levied an unjust war, the consequences that follow he is guilty of.