Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
(Redirected from chick pea)
Audio (US) (file)
chickpea (plural chickpeas)
- An annual Asian plant (Cicer arietinum) in the pea family, widely cultivated for the edible seeds in its short inflated pods.
- A seed of this plant, often used as a food.
- Chickpea is valued for its nutritive seeds with high protein content. 
- Chickpea on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
- Cicer arietinum on Wikispecies. Wikispecies: Cicer arietinum
- Cicer arietinum on Wikimedia Commons. Wikimedia Commons: Cicer arietinum