Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
customary (plural customaries)
- A book containing laws and usages, or customs; a custumal.
a book containing laws and usages, or customs
- Agreeing with, or established by, custom; established by common usage; conventional; habitual.
- Holding or held by custom; as, customary tenants; customary service or estate.
- 1956 — Arthur C. Clarke, The City and the Stars, p 39
- When two people met for the first time in Diaspar—or even for the hundredth—it was customary to spend an hour or so in an exchange or courtesies before getting down to business, if any.
agreeing with, or established by, custom
holding or held by custom
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked