decompound (plural decompounds)
- A decomposite.
decompound (not comparable)
- Compound of what is already compounded; compounded a second time.
- (botany) Several times compounded or divided, as a leaf or stem; decomposite.
- To compound or mix with that which is already compound; to compound a second time.
- To reduce to constituent parts; to decompose.
- It divides and decompounds objects into […] parts.
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.