Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
distortion (plural distortions)
- An act of distorting.
- A result of distorting.
- A misrepresentation of the truth.
- The story he told was a bit of a distortion.
- Noise or other artifacts caused in the electronic reproduction of sound or music.
- This recording sounds awful due to the distortion.
- An effect used in music, most commonly on guitars in rock or metal.
- (optics) an aberration that causes magnification to change over the field of view.
act of distorting
result of distorting
misrepresentation of the truth
effect used in music
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
distortion f (plural distortions)