Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- An extra check or verification made a second time, usually with additional caution or attention.
- Why don't you make another double check of the house to see if there are still rats around?
- (chess, uncountable) A situation in which a king is attacked by two of the opponent's men at once.
An extra check or verification made a second time, usually with additional caution or attention.
chess situation in which king is attacked by two men at once
- To check again; to check with extra caution or attention; to verify or make sure.
- I'm pretty sure that he's not coming, but I can double check the guest list.