- (obsolete, intransitive) To be sluggish or lazy.
- (obsolete, intransitive) To be confused.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Shakespeare to this entry?)
- (obsolete, intransitive) To mumble in speaking.
- (obsolete) to do something in a way that shows that one does not know what one is doing.
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.