Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Plural form of edera
Form of the verb edō (“[I] eat”).
- present active infinitive of edō
- "to eat"
- Tunc, modo edere volebat. — “At that time, he just wanted to eat.”
- second-person singular present passive imperative of edō
- "be thou eaten"
Form of the verb ēdō (“bring forth; bring about”).
- present active infinitive of ēdō
- "to bring forth; to eject, to discharge"
- "to produce, to yield; to beget"
- "to publish, to spread abroad"
- "to relate, to tell; to disclose, to announce"
- "to perform, to bring about"
- "to lift, to elevate"
- second-person singular present passive imperative of ēdō
- "be thou brought forth; be thou ejected, be thou discharged"
- "be thou produced; be thou begotten"
- "be thou published, be thou spread abroad"
- "be thou related, be thou told; be thou disclosed, be thou announced"
- "be thou performed, be thou brought about"
- "be thou lifted, be thou elevated"