Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
eversion (plural eversions)
- An act of turning inside out.
1986, Harald William Fawkner, The ecstatic world of John Cowper Powys, page 76:
- Somewhere along the line, he managed to complete a kind of psychic eversion, a kind of total transformation of internal affairs.
1999, Kip K. Sewell, The cosmic sphere, page 125:
- When it comes to vacuum bubble eversion, a vacuum bubble also passes through asymmetrical stages in the eversion process
- The state of being turned inside out.
1894, Charles Bingham Penrose; Albert Ernest Truby, William Alexander Newman Dorland, Syllabus of the Lectures on Gynecology, page 44:
- If there is no eversion of the lips, there may be no symptoms present.
- (medicine) The condition of being turned outward.
1989 Sep 14, “HEALTH; Personal Health”, New York Times:
- The remaining sprains are eversion injuries, in which the foot turns out and the ankle turns in.
an act of turning inside out
medicine: the condition of being turned outward