Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (uncountable) The quality of being fit or suitable to effect some desired end or the purpose intended; propriety or advisability under the particular circumstances of a case.
- To determine concerning the expedience of action.
- Speed, haste or urgency.
- Something that is expedient.
- (obsolete) An expedition; enterprise; adventure.
- Forwarding this dear expedience.
quality of being fit or suitable to effect some desired end
something that is expedient