Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
forehand (plural forehands)
- (racket sports) A stroke in which the palm of the hand faces the direction of the stroke
- (disc sports) A throw similar to a sidearm throw in baseball, where the disc remains on the throwing-arm side of the body and is led by the middle finger
- All of the part of a horse which is before the rider.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Johnson to this entry?)
- The chief or most important part.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Shakespeare to this entry?)
- Superiority; advantage; start; precedence.
- And, but for ceremony, such a wretch […] / Had the forehand and vantage of a king.
- (surfing) The hand towards the front of the board
- (kind of throw in sports): flick
stroke in racket sports