Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (transitive, intransitive) To cross; to move from one side (of something) to the other, literally or figuratively.
- In heavy rain, the cavalry couldn't get across the river.
- It's impossible to get across with all checkpoints closed.
- Bridge the digital divide. Let the poor get across.
- (transitive) To make an idea evident; to successfully explain a thought or feeling; put over.
- I couldn't get across to the board this simple economic fact.
- Better organized writing helps to get the point across.
to make an idea evident; to successfully explain a thought or feeling