Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
hussy (plural hussies)
- (obsolete) A housewife or housekeeper.
- A cheeky or disrespectful girl; a woman showing inappropriate or improper behaviour.
1879, Richard Jefferies, chapter 1, The Amateur Poacher:
- Molly the dairymaid came a little way from the rickyard, and said she would pluck the pigeon that very night after work. She was always ready to do anything for us boys; and we could never quite make out why they scolded her so for an idle hussy indoors.
- (obsolete) A case or bag for needles, thread, etc.
- (cheeky, disrespectful girl or woman): bitch
(obsolete) a housewife or housekeeper
a cheeky or disrespectful girl; a woman showing inappropriate or improper behaviour