Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
hyperlocal (not comparable)
- (chiefly journalism and blogging) Related to a very small area, smaller than normally considered local.
2007 July 8, Gregory Beyer, “Cracker-Barrel 2.0”, New York Times:
- Or, as Placeblogger.com , a Web site that promotes and tracks blogs with a hyperlocal focus, put it: “Placeblogs are about the lived experience of a community, some of which is news and some of which isn’t.”
- 2010 September, Bill Keaggy, "STL Lo-tels", St. Louis magazine, ISSN 1090-5723, volume 16, issue 9, page 76:
- Each customized boutique location would be a one-of-a-kind representative for its neighborhood, allowing you to go out on the (home)town, then walk or bike back to your room […] .
- Everything about the experience would be hyperlocal. Dine at a neighborhood restaurant, hit the bar down the street, stop at a gallery or shop at a store.