Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- third-person singular imperfect active indicative of iaceō
- "she was lying prostrate, she was lying down; she was reclining"
- "he was lying ill, he was sick"
- "he was lingering, he was tarrying"
- "it was placed or situated, it was lying"
- "it was low, flat or level"
- "she was lying still"
- "he was lying dead"
- "it was lying in ruins"
- "it was hanging down loose"
- (of the face or eyes) "it was fixed on the ground, it was cast down"
- "he was indolent, idle or inactive"
- "it was lying dormant or abandoned, it was of no avail"
- "he was lying overthrown; he was refuted; he was despised"
- (of speech or language) "it was languid, dull or lifeless"