Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
laureate (not comparable)
- Crowned, or decked, with laurel.
Derived terms 
laureate (plural laureates)
- (dated) One crowned with laurel; a poet laureate.
- A learned laureate.
- A graduate of a university.
- (intransitive) To honor with a wreath of laurel, as formerly was done in bestowing a degree at English universities.
Related terms 
- laureate in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- laureate in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- laureate at OneLook Dictionary Search
- Feminine plural form of laureato
- Plural form of laureata
- vocative masculine singular of laureātus