liripoop (plural liripoops)
- (obsolete) A pendent part of the old clerical tippet.
- (obsolete) A tippet; a scarf; worn also by doctors, learned men, etc.
- (obsolete) acuteness; smartness
- (obsolete) A smart trick or stratagem.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Stanihurst to this entry?)
- (obsolete) A silly person.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Milles MS. Devon Gloss to this entry?)
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.