Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Of, or relating to mathematics
- a mathematical problem
- Thomas Hardy, The Well-Beloved
- […] he looked up the uninteresting left road to the fortifications. It was new, long, white, regular, tapering to a vanishing point, like a lesson in perspective. […] Smaller and smaller she waned up the rigid mathematical road, still gazing at the soldier aloft, as Pierston gazed at her.
- Possible but highly improbable
- The team has a mathematical chance of being promoted, but they need to win the next seven matches.
of, or relating to mathematics